[pmwiki-users] Editing header???

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu Apr 2 15:06:14 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 11:12:56AM -0500, Tyrus Elias wrote:
> I want to create a common link to my main homepage somewhere up top. The
> logo/home link goes to the wiki home vs the main webpage home.

> Of course searching I found skins, and it seems the header changes some,
> but there is always a link to the wiki home (the logo is switched to
> "home" on one)--- how can I change it to my main homepage. Or do I need
> to modify a skin. I just thought there would be something common since I
> don't want to modify something that might change with an upgrade or skin
> change.

The Bonny Skin (http://www.pmwiki.org/Cookbook/BonnySkin) has this
ability built-in; one sets $BonnyLogoLink to the link one wishes to use.

But I'm afraid that this is skin-specific, and you *would* have to
edit the skin itself if you used a different skin.
It doesn't seem to have occurred to anybody that there would be a common
need to change the logo-link, so there isn't a standard way of doing so.

Kathryn Andersen