[pmwiki-users] Security and Home Page URL

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 06:44:06 CDT 2009

Lane Lester (2009-04-01 06:21):
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
>
> > There are a number of authentication mechanisms. You can find the built-in
> > one at PmWiki/AuthUser.
> >

> > Again, various ways, but what your describing is called a Clean URL, and
> > that often gets a little complex due to the variations, but it's documented
> > here: Cookbook/CleanUrls
> >

> Thanks for the tips, Dave. I'm using a redirecting index.html right now, but
> I'd prefer something a bit more elegant.

I think that Dave was talking about something more advanced, while you
asked for something simpler. It is not recommended to rename the
pmwiki.php file, because PmWiki strives for simple upgrades: when
upgrading to a new version, you just extract the pmwiki archive
overwriting the current installation and everything continues to work.

If you don't want to have pmwiki.php at the end of URLs, you should use
an index.php file with a single line of code:
      <?php include('pmwiki.php');

Actually, this is mentioned in the doc/INSTALL.txt file of the pmwiki
archive you have downloaded.

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos