[pmwiki-users] PmWiki as RSS engine

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Sep 30 15:44:17 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 09:19:31PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
> >> Could someone please advise how to generate RSS feeds that list one
> >> "item" for every page in a pagelist, using the content of each page to
> >> populate the fields ?
> >> Each page would contain  (:title:MyTitle:)
> >> (:link:MyLink:)(:description:MyDescription:), etc.,
> >> and calling the "feed page" with "?action=rss" would generate a feed with
> > ...what are the pagelist parameters you're wanting to use?
>
> I would already be very happy with
>
> group=abc
> name=def
> order=jkl
> count=123
>
> Thank you for your help.

To get an RSS feed based on a pagelist with those parameters, it's simply:

    http://.../pmwiki.php?action=rss&group=abc&name=def&order=jkl&count=123

Then we just need to change the format of the feed itself -- this can
be done with the $FeedFmt array (see the bottom of PmWiki.WebFeeds for
some examples).