[pmwiki-users] chat

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Mon Sep 15 17:03:44 CDT 2008

> I've seen a PHPfree chat recipe, ZAP and the shoutbox option.

As far as my own experience goes, phpFreeChat is a very good choice.
It is actively developed, well tested, runs on flat files, and is easy
to set up.
I couldn't manage to let the PHPFreeChat integration recipe work for
me (maybe my fault) but I guess that any work to refine, enhance,
strenghten that particular recipe would be useful. True, it wouldn't
be 100% pmwiki. But once the integration is well done, sessions and
key variables are smoothly exchanged between phpFreeChat and pmwiki,
the end result would be simple to manage, well working, and useful.

Luigi