[pmwiki-users] Bulk file uploads to PmWiki

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 07:00:48 CDT 2008

2008/9/11 Karl Schilke <schilkek at onid.orst.edu>:
> I have a collection of ~750 scientific papers in .PDF format that I'd
> like to upload to our PmWiki. As a user, I don't have write access to
> the directory (wikiroot/files/Papers.Main/) in which I want to put the
> files, so I can't just copy the PDF's into place. Is there an easy way
> to upload 750 files into PmWiki?

If you're able to install cookbook recipes, take a look at
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MultiUpload> which I crafted for
just this purpose.

> Also, can I simply copy the files into place and write a page that
> references the new attachments? Or is there some magic that has to be
> done to notifiy PmWiki that the files are present and legitimate?

You can just copy them into place. You don't need to refer to an
attachment on a page for PmWiki to see it, it just needs to be in the
right directory. To see the attachments related to a page -- ie. the
files in the uploads directory for that page -- add '?action=upload'
to the end of the page's address.

eemeli