[pmwiki-users] read ptv of another wiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 15 14:31:01 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 06:51:28PM +0200, noskule wrote:
> Yes I did see, but I'm looking for a way to get ptv's from independent
> wikis. For example, I would like to check if a cookbook receipted has a
> different version number as the one I have installed, something like
>
> (:if ! equal  "{$XY-version}"
> "http://pmwiki.org/cookbook/XY$:Version":)New version of XY available

How about http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RecipeCheck for this?

In answer to the generic question of "read a PTV from another
wiki", there's not a supported way to do it.  It would require the
local PHP to be configured with url_fopen support (many are, many
aren't) and it could badly increase the traffic load on the remote PmWiki
system that is having its PTV's read via the net.