[pmwiki-users] PTVReplace / Fox, ...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 17:16:29 CST 2008

Saturday, November 22, 2008, 10:31:56 PM, Stéphane Heckel wrote:

> I'm testing Fox, ... not sure to understand what would be the Fox equivalent
> of this PTVReplace code, ...

> (:input form name=form1 "{$PageUrl}":)(:input hidden action ptvreplace:)
> (:input text isdoing {$:isdoing}:)
> (:input submit post Change:)
> (:input end:)

for a PTV "isdoing" already existing on the page something like:

(:fox form1 ptvtarget={*$Fullname} redirect=1:)
(:input text isdoing {$:isdoing}:)
(:input submit post Change:)
(:foxend form1:)

If the form should be able to create a PTV initially, then
subsequently update it, use something like:

(:fox form1 ptvtarget={*$Fullname} ptvfields=isdoing redirect=1:)
(:input text isdoing {$:isdoing}:)
(:input submit post Change:)
(:foxend form1:)

this will first create a hidden PTV. You can also specify other PTV
formats.

The redirect=1 is included to make sure the page displays with the
updated PTV value.

see more info here:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox#ptvs

  ~Hans