[pmwiki-users] ?ptv=isdoing

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Wed Nov 19 08:55:04 CST 2008

Am Mittwoch 19 November 2008 11:14:49 schrieb St�phane Heckel:
> "Hans" wrote :
> > please can you clarify if you wish to retrieve PTV values from a
> > PmWiki page using not PmWiki, but a different external script,
> > or using a recipe script, which is included via config.php
> > and thereby part of PmWiki.
>
> both, ..
> I was thinking about something like ?action=source to push the text content
> of a wiki page
>
> So, if you request from an external application, just do
> http://acme.com/index.php?n=People.JohnSmith?ptv=isdoing
> and the script would return the content of the "isdoing" value
>
> A kind of HTTP API, ..
>
> SH

I started a similar thread, where solutions where discused. But I didn't end
up with productive ready cause of a lack of time and knowledge.

To push the text content via action source is a probably a good way. The
problem is the traffic for the remote server.  If yould want to get 10 ptv's and
your external-ptv-markup fetches the source every time.

You have to find a way how to fetch the source only ones per remote page and
pars it for all ptv's you want. But this needs some advanced custom markup
skills.

here the threat:

http://groups.google.com/group/pmwiki-
users/browse_thread/thread/f0bdb4af30c9dd6b/f40b174c3811e8b0?lnk=gst&q=external+ptv+noskule#f40b174c3811e8b0

http://groups.google.com/group/pmwiki-
users/browse_thread/thread/eac3351790bcd7c3/2bec22f765e98642?lnk=gst&q=noskule+ptv#2bec22f765e98642