[pmwiki-users] page text variables and conditionals

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu May 1 12:35:41 CDT 2008

Thursday, May 1, 2008, 5:58:29 PM, adam overton wrote:

> has anyone yet figured out an ingenious workaround for passing page
> text variables thru conditionals?
> the help page says they are oblivious to them, so something like the
> following doesn't work:

> (:if true:)
> (:anchor:true:)
> (:else:)
> (:anchor:othertrue:)
> (:ifend:)

{$:anchor} -->> always prints 'othertrue'

Defining a variable with two values seems rather an unusual way to try
to use it, and obviously it is not working. Only the first PTV of
same name will be recognised by PmWiki.

More logical to me seems to use something like

(:anchor1:foo:)
(:anchor2:bar:)
(:if condition...:){$:anchor1}
(:else:){$:anchor2}