[pmwiki-users] fox auto-upload again. Still doesn't work as expected.

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 12:21:43 CDT 2008

Monday, March 31, 2008, 6:06:50 PM, Martin Kerz wrote:

> Unfortunately this does not work for (:fox target={$$name} ... :).
> Here, fox wants to create a page called "Diagnose" in the group

it can be tricky to find a way through the swamp of variale
replacements....

one of the other or both of the following  may work:

A: use target='{$$diagnose} in the fox markup. As i said before,
target names get automatically wikiworded....

B: instead of using target= in the (:fox formname markup, use a
hidden input control to do yet another var replacement:
(:input hidden target {$$name}:)

(the controls don't do the var replacements, of course; hidden
controls just pass on name=value pairs, and Fox does the input
variable replacement, in the order these fields are received.
Each {$$var} in a value passed on will be replaced, if a field with the
name 'var' exists. so we need to build the right chain of hiddden
fields to get the replacements or evaluations (like with the wikiword
markup expression) in th eright order).

  ~Hans