[pmwiki-users] anti-spam multi-page-restore tool

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Mar 29 10:24:00 CDT 2008

I am envisioning an anti-spam tool to help restore pages after an attack.
I'm wondering if someone else has already done something similar.

My thought is to specify a starting/ending date/time (a range) and have all
pages modified during that time display their text on a single page.  Each
page would be preceded by a checkbox or something indicating whether you
wanted them to be included in the "global restore".  Then you press "submit"
and it would go back one restore-point on each of the selected pages.  (If
the page was newly created then it would delete it)

Does this sound like a workable tool?  If so, has anybody done something
similar?  Do you see potential problems with this approach?

* Would require some password

* Do spammers often write multiple versions of the page out there?

-Peter