[pmwiki-users] Redirection and input validation with Fox form

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 06:59:46 CDT 2008

Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 11:26:02 AM, Randy wrote:

> I get redirection, but no input validation, with:

> (:fox redirectform foxaction=display redirect=MyGroup.MyPage?for={$
> $target}:)
> Username: (:input text target size=30:) (:input submit post "Enter":)
> (:foxend redirectform:)

Using redirection will never display fox messages.
They are lost. The page loads new, and the previous input process is
lost.

I suppose this could be changed, to preserve the messages array.

> If I insert "(:foxcheck redirectform:)" after the first line, then
> redirection ceases, even if the input is valid.

Is redirectform the name of an input control field?
If it is the name of the Fox form then foxcheck should not work.
Or perhaps this is a bug?

  ~Hans