[pmwiki-users] Error encountered with upgrade to 2.2 beta 65

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 23 09:11:49 CDT 2008

This security change by my webhost is confirmed. In response to my query
they sent me the following response.

=============================

The web server security is setup such that it will automatically block system related words while posting data from php based applications, as this may lead to web server exploit. We request you to stop using system related words in your applications.

=============================

So suddenly none of my websites can post external links (with the string
"http://" anywhere in the page), and hundreds if not thousands of pages
that have this protocol embedded are suddenly uneditable.

Truly horrible. A complete nightmare!

But nothing to do with PmWiki.

Sorry to bother everyone with this.

- Henrik