[pmwiki-users] pages with (:redirect:) in group 'PmWiki'

Christian Bartolomaeus bartolin at gmx.de
Wed Mar 12 10:35:51 CDT 2008

Hi Pm,

On 2008-03-12, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:05:02PM +0100, Christian Bartolomaeus wrote:
> > So my questions are:
> >
> > 1.) Would it be okay to tag those pages in PmWiki with a page text
> >     variable like
> >       (:Redirect: true:)
> >     If so, we could filter our list of "relevant" documenation pages
> >     based on this page text variable.
> >
> > 2.) Is there a better way to filter those pages?
>
> We don't need the page variable to do the filter -- one can
> also do the following to filter out all pages containing "(:redirect":
>
>     (:pagelist -"(:redirect" :)

There seems to be a small problem with this approach since this
pagelist excludes pages like PmWiki/MarkupMasterIndex -- e.g. pages
which have no active redirect but who describe that directive.

On 2008-03-12, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:05:02PM +0100, Christian Bartolomaeus wrote:
> >
> > there are some pages in the group 'PmWiki' which simple redirect to
> > other pages (e.g. WikiWords -> WikiWord, SimpleTables -> Tables ...).
>
> Also, note that the WikiWords -> WikiWord page is part of the
> actual distribution -- i.e., PmWiki ships with both pages,
> so it shouldn't (can't) be deleted.

Based on this advice I build a list of "deprecated pages" in the group
'PmWiki' (see [1]).

If we want to keep both versions of the following pages

  WikiWord              -- WikiWords
  WikiGroup             -- WikiGroups
  PerGroupCustomization -- PerGroupCustomizations

that leaves us with the following candidates for deletion.

  PmWiki.AdvancedTables
  PmWiki.Analyzer
  PmWiki.Backup
  PmWiki.DocumentationAudiences
  PmWiki.Group
  PmWiki.ImagesInWikiPages
  PmWiki.LinkMarkup
  PmWiki.Localization
  PmWiki.NotifyList
  PmWiki.PmWikiSightings
  PmWiki.SimpleTables
  PmWiki.TranslatingTheFAQ
  PmWiki.TranslationMechanism
  PmWiki.TriadSkin
  PmWiki.UsingCategories

Also, there are no backlinks to

  PmWiki.SimpleTables2

I'm a bit reluctant to delete those pages -- maybe you can have a look
at my list first.

Best regards

Christian

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PagesInPmWikiGroupWithRedirect