[pmwiki-users] Music Recipe - Error-Messages, abc2ps hangs up sometimes

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 11:02:56 CDT 2008

--- Patrick Ogay <lists at basel-inside.ch> wrote:
> That means, that somebody who enters a piece mist
> have access to apache's error.log.
> I think the error-msg could be routed, and the
> error-file probably could be displayed as output
> +errorfile (or something like that).

In the next version of the content recipe (which I
plan on releasing in the next few days), there will be
a stderr logging feature for converters (I have needed
this myself).  I am not sure that this will cover the
errors that you are referring to?  I.E., the
equivalent of "abcm2ps .... 2>err.log"

Is this the type of thing that you are searching the
apache logs for, or are there other apache specific
error messages that you need?

> I'm also looking for a possiblility to start abc2ps
> with en expiration time (time, or cpu used)  -
> because in these cases I have to cancel the
> job manualy on the server.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to do for this, a normal php
configuration already has a timeout, in fact I had to
extend it for some of the wav/mp3 processing that I
now do.  Will this timeout feature not kill your
abcm2ps also?  Do you have this timeout extended way
too long, or is this timing out and not killing your
converters?

-Martin