[pmwiki-users] Question about initialization

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Sun Mar 2 16:32:40 CST 2008

Hi Allison,

Welcome to the PmWiki community!

That does seem very odd that you can't edit pmwiki.org pages. I don't
have a clue what could cause that.

Maybe someone experienced with PmWiki installation could help you if
you describe your situation in more detail. The more info, the better.
But at least give us the first three pieces of information:

- what do you see when you try to edit a page a pmwiki.org?
- what browser are you using?
- is the problem you're having with your installation the same problem
as you're experiencing with pmwiki.org?

- which version of PmWiki did you download?
- where are the instructions that you are following?
- when you moved the sample-config.php did you customize it and rename
it to config.php?
- what kind of host system are you installing on?
- what software is your server running?

Note that I have experienced some installation problems that my host
needed to fix regarding permissions and configuration. (For example,
FTP can result in permission changes.)

Best,

Randy