[pmwiki-users] Fox form redirect

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Sat Mar 1 18:57:47 CST 2008

Hans,

Suggestion: instead of making the form page the default for cancel,
I'd make redirection go to the same page as success unless told
otherwise. I can't think of any cases where the users will want to end
up on the form page when it's different from the calling page.

For example, I use Foxedit to edit sections of a page. Users will want
to return to the page being edited whether they post or cancel.

Making redirection the same for both post and cancel also avoids
forcing developers to change their existing forms unless they choose
to take advantage of the new capability.

The argument for making the form the default would be that it forces
developers to be explicit (at least the developers who bother to test
Cancel). I think failing gracefully is better.

FWIW,

Randy