[pmwiki-users] Page question

Tue Jun 24 14:43:49 CDT 2008

At 03:33 PM 6/24/2008, you wrote:
>Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 7:54:14 PM, Mailinglists wrote:
>
>> The problem is how do I get Clients.HomePage to prompt me for a
>> password and then reload itself to check the password against my if
>> statements, and then subsequently redirect?
>put into the page:
>[[{$FullName}?action=login| login]]

Thanks Hans...

This idea creates a link for the person to click on, and then they are prompted. I was wanting the password text box to appear immediately if not logged in. And if logged in automatically redirect to the correct client page based on current password.

My other thought is to assign multiple passwords to the read attr of Clients.HomePage corresponding to all client passwords. In quick testing this works fine, but is an admin nightmare because the passwords are never again visible for editing, adding or deleting. The admin would need to keep an off-site list that they could cut & paste into the attr change box each time. This is not desirable either.