[pmwiki-users] Page question

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Jun 21 01:59:38 CDT 2008

> But what we'd like to do is have the password prompt show up as soon as you
> click on the main "Clients" page and then depending on the password entered
> it would take you to that specific clients page.

Make a (:goto-client-page:) markup or equivalent which calls a function
following this pseudo-code:

$gotopage = null
foreach ($clientlist as $homepage) {
   if (CondAuth($homepage, 'read')) {
      $gotopage = $homepage
      break
   }
}

if ($gotopage)
   Redirect($gotopage)

Then make sure this goto markup is on your main client page and that the
client page has a read password for each client.  That will mean they have
to enter the password to see the client page but the goto-client-page markup
will redirect them to their own page.

Then in your config.php you will need to create the $clientlist array as a
list of homepages.  Each of these homepages will have to be protected by the
appropriate read password.

Does that help or is it too general?

-Peter