[pmwiki-users] Enable Draft and Publish Permissions

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 04:23:51 CDT 2008

I found by setting $EnableDraft = 1; Save-as-draft wwas possible,
but the "Publish" button was disabled for normal logged in editors.
Logged-in as editor with site-wide edit permissions did not allow me
to publish, only to save as draft.

This confused me as I thought 'publish' permissions default to 'edit'
permissions.

But I had to explicitely set

$DefaultPasswords['publish'] = '@editors';

in order to allow the editors (authuser group @editors) to publish.

This is not at all clear from the minimal documentation in
PmWiki.Drafts

$EnablePublishAttr is set to 0 by default, no new "publish"
authorization level is added, so why should one need to set
$DefaultPasswords['publish'] ?

  ~Hans