[pmwiki-users] Error message for wrong subdomain getting subverted

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Jul 21 15:03:03 CDT 2008

I just learned that my ISP (Rogers Canada) is replacing the "subdomain
not found" message with advertisements.

Other ISPs are probably doing the same.

(The "domain not found" advertisements at least come with a "domain not
found" message.)

Is there a way I can give a page of my own choosing rather than the
error code the ISP is grabbing? I suspect it can be done with .htaccess
, but that's beyond my skills.

I already have three subdomains working in a pmwiki farm. With
CleanURLs, they show as subdomain.mydomain.ca/Group/Page .

We use CPanel.

Thanks in advance,

Sandy

PS If I don't thank you for your reply immediately, it's because
tomorrow we leave on vacation.