[pmwiki-users] News page and displaying a few recent news headers on a separate page?

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 05:21:03 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution/recipe for the following. At first I was going
to cook something up myself, but then I was reminded that it's probably a
common task...

Anyway, here's what I'd like:

* We have one page with news items at http://www.lyx.org/News.
   The appearance of that page is as follows:
 	<Header-text>
 	<date>
 	<text-body-of-news>

 	<Header>
 	<date>
 	<text-body-of-news>

* At the bottom of the home page, http://www.lyx.org/Home, we
   display the recent news, i.e. the five latest news items:
 	* <Header-text> (date)
 	* <Header-text> (date)

Today it's implemented in a rather convoluted way[*] and the
actual news items aren't stored in a wiki page.

What recipes/solutions are there for implementing the above in a way
that's more 'pmwikiish'? The only requirements are really that:

* Be able to list the recent news headers on a another page
* Preferably store all the news items in a single page

Best regards
/Christian

[*] The news items are defined in a file, 'news.inc', that's included by
another file that defines two special markups. One to display all
the news items, and one to display just the recent news items.

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr