[pmwiki-users] Web for mobiles -- Apple sold over 1 million iPhones last weekend...

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Tue Jul 15 11:06:41 CDT 2008

> > > http://www.kirpi.it/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Mobile.Mobile?action=mobile

>> - As the page loads, a lot of things are included into the page
>> (javascripts, css definitions,...please see the html) which could be
>> useful (and make no harm) for the regular pc view, but are unuseful
>> and overload the transfer to the mobile device.
>> How can we filter out those extra lines which are not in an explicit
>> manner defined in the mobile skin and or in the page text?

> I would add to the standard skin template in the head something like this:
> <link href='$SkinDirUrl/css/handheld.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='handheld' />
> If the browser is recognised as a handheld device, then only the
> handheld.css is loaded, and all others are ignored!

Yes, but still the html is cluttered with a lot of recipes that load
their content (javascript, as an example): I would use it in standard
view, but should block/disable it in mobile view.
Now, how is it attainable?
I know how to *enable* a recipe in Group.php but how do I disable it,
should the recipe be enabled sitewide?

Luigi