[pmwiki-users] new (WikiSh) recipe for creating numbered sub-pages

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Jul 9 17:48:48 CDT 2008

There may already be another recipe out there that does this, but I couldn't
find it and so put something together.

I needed to place a link on a page which would create a numbered sub-page.
If the page was Group.Mypage then the first sub-page would be
Group.Mypage-01, the second would be Group.Mypage-02, etc.  The link has to
be to the next (as yet nonexistent) page in order to allow it to be
created.  A pagelist elsewhere on the page provides the links to these
pages.

(I was actually doing this within wikiforms and placed this code in my
ViewTemplate so that I could easily create and view these sub-pages on any
of the wikiform data pages.)

The recipe is coded in WikiSh and can be found at

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiShExamples#CreateSubPages

Hope it helps someone.  I'd be interested if there's another way to do the
same functionality.

-Peter