[pmwiki-users] create new page addon

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 13:06:33 CDT 2008

Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 6:52:45 PM, Josh wrote:

>     What I'm looking for is an easier way for a user to create a new page in
> the wiki(I know it's not very difficult as it is).  Basically I want to put
> a link on the left hand side that just goes to a test box asking for the
> pages name, they type it in and the page is created.  Does this
> functionality already exist somewhere?

try perhaps http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewPageBoxPlus
but be aware that while such a form makes it easy to create new pages
users may still need to create links to it, otherwise you may end up
with orphaned pages. Creating a link first and the new page after
that by clicking the link avoids this problem and is in the tradition
of wikis.

  ~Hans