[pmwiki-users] pmwiki forms

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 7 20:57:22 CDT 2008

Hello there,

I'm pretty sure this has come up before, but when I search for forms I
get so much info that is not relevant to my question, that I gave up.
I want to set up a simple form, and then either compile the results on
a web page, or have the individual form results emailed to me. I
looked at the Pmwiki/Forms page, and it explained how it doesn't
process data, but it didn't really explain what would process the
data. Does anything happen when one hits submit as (:input submit
value=Submit:) on a form? Or is it just sort of a dummy button until
you add a recipe to deal with it?
I know there are several form cookbooks out there, but it wasn't clear
to me how they relate to forms. Is there one that just collects the
data after submit is pushed and saves it somewhere for me? As far as
user interface goes, Forms is fine for me, and I don't care about
added security, it will be in a secure part of my site. I don't want
Fox, though, as I am using the old fox for my blog, and the new fox
doesn't have the features I want yet.

What do people use to retrieve their data from pmwiki forms?

thanks,
maria