[pmwiki-users] [pmwiki-devel] markup timing and page variable

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 13:02:28 CDT 2008

Monday, July 7, 2008, 6:50:31 PM, Patrick wrote:

> There's also an argument to be made that using the markup to
> set the page variable is somewhat incorrect, because it means
> that '{OtherPage$RatingXYZ}'  isn't likely to work properly.
> What should really happen is that the page variable should
> work independently of the markup itself, which would really
> solve the issue you're having altogether.

I appreciate this. I did not think of this. Of course one wants
{OtherPage$RatingXYZ} to work, for instance to devise page listings
according to ratings...

I think I would need to rewrite my main markup function, to split it
into two, so the page variable can get a result from one function,
but the major display output part is done by another.

Oh well, such is the joy of coding. The page variable was an
afterthought, always dangerous ;-)

Thanks for you reply!

Hans