[pmwiki-users] Announcing New Recipe: 5 star rating system

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 10:33:29 CDT 2008

A five star rating system for PmWiki:
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/StarRater

I based this script on a php script I found here:
 http://gr0w.com/articles/code/php_5_star_rating_system_using_hreview/

and modified it and integrated it to work in PmWiki.

It has a simple markup (:rater:) which has lots of options for
customisations. Multiple (:rater:) markups can be used per page.
Results of rating/voting are displayed as a stars image showing
between zero up to five yellow stars. Results can also be shown as
stats and a vote distribution.

Five voting choices are provided with radio buttons, the choice text
can be customised, as can be much of the display.

A submitted rating/vote will be logged in a file (one log file per
rated item). the choice will be logged, plus the user's ip address.
Multiple voting from one ip address is by default inhibited.

Please check this out and give me feedback and suggestions for what
needs to be changed/added/improved! Thanks!

  ~Hans