[pmwiki-users] quirk with nested-if

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Tue Jul 1 03:46:26 CDT 2008

> (moving this off-list.  Feel free to move it back at any point.)
>
> (1) pcre limits can be set  with ini_set() (and shown with ini_get
> (), I
> believe), although I'm surprised they didn't come up with phpinfo.
> You can
> see them in your php.ini.

i'll take a look - after some sleep : )

> (2) In the rulesets you sent me I note that in the successful one
> nested if
> is BEFORE include while in the unsuccessful one it occurs AFTER the
> include
> rule.  Why don't you change the order argument (#2) to the nested-
> if markup
> to be '<include' instead of '>if' and see if that fixes things.

seems to make the situation worse - makes the entire nestedif block
fails and prints out  (whereas before, just the internal blocks were
failing)

actually - a breakthrough (i think)
i changed nestedif from '>if' to '<if'
-- and everything started to magically work again, even with all the
extra Markups loaded...
(!)

weird day-and-a-half-wild-goose-chase
thanks again for the help!