[pmwiki-users] Site. files in wikilib.d directory.

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 09:21:21 CST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 8:40 AM, manfred at mabitoka.de <manfred at mabitoka.de> wrote:
> Hi
> There are Site. files in wikilib.d directory. Are these files supposed
> to be used like templates and be changed by the webmaster and then
> copied to the site. directory in wiki.d?

Hello, Manfred:  Welcome to PmWiki.  You have a good question there --
I don't see any information in the documentation that really explains
how the wikilib.d files work.

The wikilib.d directory contains the default version of all of the
pages required for an operating installation of a PmWiki site.  When
you later upgrade from one version of the software to the next, that
directory, and all of the files in it, will be replaced with a new
set. So it is not recommended that you edit or alter any of the files
in that directory yourself.  HOWEVER, when you edit an existing page
**from within the wiki** (by clicking "edit" while viewing the page,
making changes in the edit box, and saving) the software will create a
new version of that page, and store it in the directory wiki.d.
Whenever there is a page in wiki.d with the same name as one in
wikilib.d, the wiki will always serve up the one in wiki.d.  This is
how you customize your own site, without having to be concerned about
preserving or over-writing the default bundle in wikilib.d.

Is that clear?  Let us know if you need more,

Tegan