[pmwiki-users] Conditional markup question

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Tue Jan 22 13:47:47 CST 2008

Jan Erik Moström wrote:
> Second question for today: I'm creating my own skin and I want
> to have a conditional markup, I only want to see the page
> actions if I'm logged in. I looked at the ConditionalMarkup page
> and as far as I understand I should be able to write
>
>              (:if authid:)
>                  <!--PageActionsFmt-->
>                  <!--wiki:$SiteGroup.PageActions-->
>              (:ifend:)
>
> in my template file. But I'm doing something wrong since this
> gives me
>
>              (:if authid:)
>                  +   View
>                  +   Edit
>                  +   History
>                  +   Print
>              (:ifend:)
>
> So I'm obviously missing something, but what?

You're mixing your languages. The (:if:) directive goes in the
wiki-code, not the .tmpl. The .tmpl is HTML (with CSS); I'm not sure if
you can put PHP in it or not.

Here's the code I put in Site.SideBar.

(:if authid:)
User: {$AuthId}
[[{*$FullName}?action=logout|Logout]]\\
(:if auth edit:)
[[{*$FullName}?action=edit|Edit]]\\
(:if auth admin:)
[[{*$FullName}?action=attr|Page Attributes]]\\
[[Site.Site|Site Admin]]
(:if:)

I'm forever thinking I'm logged in as someone else, hence
User: {$AuthId}

I don't use PageActions at all, although I suppose you could do

(:if authid:)
(:include Site.PageActions:)
(:if:)

Cheers!