[pmwiki-users] Question include, Fox

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Tue Jan 22 02:43:38 CST 2008

Hi Anke,

My (possibly incorrect) understanding is that $FoxAuth=read is only
needed for the page that receives the comments. You use it to post to
a page when the user might only have read authorization for that page.

As for extracting the last n comments, you may be able to extract the
last lines of the page with an experimental grep-like recipe that Hans
(the genius behind Fox) just posted called TextExtract. You may be
able to match on every line and then use the option lines=-n to get
the last n lines of the page - if that's useful.

TextExtract (so far) appears to be line-oriented rather than section-
oriented, so I don't know how you would use it to extract the last n
comments.

BTW, Pm recently posted that he eventually intends to implement lines=-
n to get the last n lines of a page.

Good luck,

Randy