[pmwiki-users] Just in on slashdot...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Jan 21 09:05:52 CST 2008

"Bob Rogers just released Parrot 0.5.2. This monthly release includes
a couple of interesting new features. First, we've bundled Patrick
Michaud's Rakudo (thats the implementation of Perl 6 on Parrot) such
that you can type make perl6 on Unixy platforms and make perl6.exe on
Windows and get a working standalone Perl 6 binary. This is
experimental and we hope to iron out some installation and deployment
issues by next months release, but it was important to demonstrate our
progress. The second new feature is a toolkit for starting your own
compiler. Max Mohun built a prototype several months ago, and we've
added a stripped-down version for now that builds the skeleton of a
compiler for you using the Parrot Compiler Tools. I mentioned the
LOLCODE compiler in What the Perl 6 and Parrot Hackers Did on Their
Christmas Vacation; this is how Simon and Company were able to get
LOLCODE up and running so quickly."

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/01/21/044255&from=rss