[pmwiki-users] cookbook "ShellTools" (was: Include specific lines of text on a page)

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Mon Jan 21 08:43:46 CST 2008

"Remove" is definitely better than "hide".

I still like cut and cutline because it's semantically clearer. Cut
could be anything the user chooses - from a single character to the
whole page (if you are allowing it to go beyond one line). Cutline,
however, is obviously line-oriented.

What I don't like about "cutline" is that it's verbose.

You could use "cut" for lines and "snip" for text within lines, since
snip is more diminutive suggesting a smaller cut. But I think the
precision of "cutline" is more important. For example, I would never
have guessed that "cut" means to cut a line.

Whatever you call it, it's going to be valuable recipe!

Randy