[pmwiki-users] Are Fox forms incompatible with PmWiki's email notification system?

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Mon Jan 21 04:52:12 CST 2008

Are Fox forms incompatible with PmWiki's email notification system?

I just deleted a comment using the delete link and received two
identical email notifications.

Whenever I directly edit the same page using PmWiki I only get one
notification. And leaving the very comment that I deleted only
generated one notification.

Note that I also experienced duplicate email notification when leaving
messages with CommentBoxPlus (which I've purged, now that I've
installed Fox.)

Another problem that may be related: the summary I previously created
when directly editing the page appears instead of "comment added" as
the email notification's summary for the comment. Apparently the
page's summary is not getting updated when the comment is left.

I have to wonder whether something in the code that Fox shares with
CommentBoxPlus is incompatible with PmWiki's email notification
system. Is that possible? I know Fox has its own email notification
recipe - so maybe it assumes I'm using that.

Randy

P.S. Here is the markup that, when deleted via fox's delete button,
resulted in two notifications:

#foxbegin 1200909565a6135b0#
%headline% Editing directly generated one email. Test comment now....
%rfloat% (:if ( eq {*$Name} {$Author} ) || ( author Randy ) :)
{[foxdelrange 1200909565a6135b0 {$FullName} ]}(:if:)
will I get one or two?
->[- - [[~Randy]]   Mon 2008-01-21 03:59 CST-]
#foxend 1200909565a6135b0#