[pmwiki-users] Include specific lines of text on a page

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 09:13:14 CST 2008

Saturday, January 19, 2008, 7:54:03 PM, Hans wrote:

> The preg_match pattern in
>                         if (preg_match("/$expr/", $row)) {
>                                 $newrows[] = $row;
>                         }
> is still not working quite well.
> any suggestions for improvement will be much appreciated.

well it was working fine, but in my test a textline with a directive
was included and fouled the output. The script version I released now
at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract
is ignoring lines with directives, to be easier predictable.

The original question in this thread can be solved with the grep
markup expression like this:

{(grep Complete Group.MainPage hide=Complete)}

and it will display the text extract from MainPage as:

  Test A
  Test D

Hope this helps!

  ~Hans