[pmwiki-users] pmforms examples & docs

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Thu Jan 17 14:04:34 CST 2008

Hi Peter !

I recenty experimented a bit with pmform too (and also had some
questions here, but none was ever answered).
Finally I could set up a working test-sample I'll describe here:

I wanted to set up a form which will be used for each Page called
Test.PmForm-*.

I defined some forms (AForm, BForm etc) within local/test.php for some
tests (incl errors etc). AForm is the one that runs without any errors
the other one shold all produce error messages.

I changed PmForm a bit (mainly for error-handling and debugging infos)
for my own analysis, but the sample AForm should run with the original
one. If you want to use the changed one, you have to include the
debug-php-script as well. It's not ready to run, because I fetched all
components form different directories (debug is placed in a phplib-dir
on my site)

Second I defined in the page Test.GroupHeader to use the pmform every
time a page called Test.PmForm-* is called.

Third: in Site.Localtemplates I defined the forms itself (AForm and
APost are the one which are ok) In the templates you can even specify
(hidden) default fields and text as pure PTV-markup which will be stored
in a new page (not in existing ones)

Then I call a new page Test.PmForm-AForm-01 an get an empty Form, fill
in the field values and press submit.
The entered field-data are stored (with the additional Fields) in the
new created Page Test.PmForm-AForm-01.
Currently I use the form to display the page content as well.

So far all is ok, but it took a lot of time to get it running.

I had a look in the maillist lataly and found that Hans had done some
improvement of foxform which should be able to replace existing
ptv-values on pages (like pmform also does), so I might have a look on
Hans' fox-components as well before I decide which form-module I'll use.

You can test the pmform setup with the files I zipped and attached to
this mail.

When all is up and running I'll ask Pm, if it could be uploaded with
pages and page-specific php to pmwiki, so we'll have an running example

Knut