[pmwiki-users] Programs should be allowed to edit pages (Was: PmWiki and Spam)

Anno anno at shroomery.org
Sun Jan 13 03:53:57 CST 2008

 >I don't think captchas is a proper solution as I think it is
> _valid_ that a script/program modifies a wiki page.

A wiki page, yes. But not any wiki page, and particulary not the
pmwiki.org wiki pages, and particularly not with the non-content it does.

A plain sight password or easy readable captcha that starts a session is
the best solution for  pmwiki.org. This way you have to supply the
password only once per editing session, and it is much less nuisance
than having some script  deface the site each and every day for the last
few week.

Anno