[pmwiki-users] Further Adventures With Doubled Footers!

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Thu Feb 21 20:51:43 CST 2008

Hey, all, I've got more to report on the Doubled Footers problem.  Just to recap, I'm running the Marinee skin with BlogSimple2, and for some reason it's displaying two sets of footers.  I've just taken the step of adding LINE NUMBER entries to each line where a Footer variable is set in PmWiki.php or BlogSimple2.php, and the results are interesting.  For those who want to explore, I've added a Guest user with a password of Guest if you want to check things while logged in, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.  With all of this information, I still haven't got a good idea of what's amiss, or how to control what shows up when.

http://www.davidaspitzley.org/potatopatch/ :  This results in PMWIKI_LINE_1537 and BLOGSIMPLE2_LINE_111 being executed, and two sets of Site Footers appear, one Good and one Bad (displayed in what should be a graphical endcap, rather than in the end of the content area).

http://www.davidaspitzley.org/potatopatch/index.php?n=Main.HomePage :  Displays the same page as above, but executes PMWIKI_LINE_1537 and PMWIKI_LINE_109, and a single Good Site Footer appears.

http://www.davidaspitzley.org/potatopatch/index.php?n=Blog.Test : Results in execution of PMWIKI_LINE_1537 and BLOGSIMPLE2_LINE_111, and two sets of Site Footers, one Good and one Bad.

http://www.davidaspitzley.org/potatopatch/index.php?n=Blog.Test?action=login : Resuts in NO line executions, and one Bad Site Footer

http://www.davidaspitzley.org/potatopatch/index.php?n=Blog.Test?action=edit : Resuts in NO line executions, and one Bad Site Footer

PREVIEWING from http://www.davidaspitzley.org/potatopatch/index.php?n=Blog.Test?action=edit : Resuts in execution of PMWIKI_LINE_1726 and BLOGSIMPLE2_LINE_111, and two sets of Site Footers, one Good and one Bad.

http://www.davidaspitzley.org/potatopatch/index.php?n=PostComments.Blog-Test : Results in execution of PMWIKI_LINE_1537 and  BLOGSIMPLE2_LINE_111, and two sets of Group Footers, one Good and one Bad, but no Site Footers.

http://www.davidaspitzley.org/potatopatch/index.php?n=PostComments.Blog-Test?action=edit : Results in NO line executions, and one Bad Group Footer

So, for your edification, here are the referenced lines of code, along with the footer_container <div> from the Marinee skin.tmpl file.
-------------------------------------
blogsimple2.php, line 111:  $GroupFooterFmt = '(:nl:) (:include {$Group}.GroupFooter {$SiteGroup}.SiteFooter:)';
pmwiki.php, line 109:  $GroupFooterFmt = '(:nl:) (:include {$Group}.GroupFooter self=0 basepage={*$FullName}:)';
pmwiki.php, line 1537 (in HandleBrowse function):  $text = '(:groupheader:)'.@$text.' (:groupfooter:)';
pmwiki.php, line 1726 (in PreviewPage function):  $text = '(:groupheader:)'.$new['text'].' (:groupfooter:)';

MARINEE SKIN DIV

<!--PageFooterFmt-->
		<!--wiki:{$Group}.GroupFooter {$SiteGroup}.SiteFooter-->
		<!--wiki:{$SiteGroup}.{$SkinName}-Versions-->
<!--/PageFooterFmt-->

HELP! :(

David