[pmwiki-users] action = copy?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 03:30:18 CST 2008

Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 2:06:26 AM, Steven Benmosh wrote:

> I want users to be able to copy and edit pages so they can use he same
> templates I do. This way, the can maintain the same style as I do, and once
> I verify their data, I can move it to the read only groups with ease.

> I have a different template for each group, but only one for the users area.

I think Tegan's suggestion using EditTemplates is your best option,
for giving users a blueprint when they start a new page. Of course
if the template contains data they could alter this. If you want the
GPS data to stay "certified" by you, you should not include it in any
user template, but include it indirectly, for instance with a page
include (:include ..:) markup, or have the data available as page text
variables on your edit-protected pages, which can be accessed from
user pages.

Sorry i misunderstood you, by interpreting read-only with read-protected!
Thank you for explaining your project, and my best wishes for it!

  ~Hans