[pmwiki-users] MySQL and Notify?

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Sat Feb 16 14:00:21 CST 2008

Hans wrote:
> Does it matter for DataQuery what the PTV Syntax is, or can be a PTV
> of any Syntax a db field?
>
> apart from the three standards
> (:HiddenPTV:value:)
> : DefListPTV : value
> SpecialListPTV: value
>
> I also use
> (::HiddenSpecialPTV:
> multiple
> lines
> value
> :))
>
> and
> [[#PTVSection]]
> multiple
> line
> text
> [[#PTVSectionend]]

DataQuery's DataStore::write() function (which parses page text
variables and sends them to a database record) uses the same global
variable and nearly the same code as does PmWiki's PageTextVar()
function, so it should be able to handle any PTV markup that PmWiki can
understand.  Again, though, I haven't tested it with anything but ZAP.

On the other hand, the DataStore::read() function (which presents a
record retrieved from a database as page text variables) uses only one
markup (the one used by ZAP), (:HiddenPTV:value:)

In my experience that markup works just fine for multiple-line values as
well as single-line values, so I'm not sure why you have a separate
markup for multiple lines.  If there is some reason to use different
markup, the place to intervene would be the $fore and $aft variables at
the end of the DataStore::read() function.

I'm eager to know whether DataQuery works with Fox -- that would
certainly expand its utility!  I regret that I don't have the time right
now to do the testing, because most of my energy is going into Drupal
these days.

--Ben S. (headed for DrupalCon in Boston in two weeks!)