[pmwiki-users] MySQL and Notify?

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Thu Feb 14 01:43:04 CST 2008

I've been asked to put up a simple volunteering form on a PmWiki
website. They would like the results from the form to be stored in a
MySQL database, and a copy of the data emailed to the person in charge
of volunteers.

I know of recipes to store form data in a database, and ones to mail
results to someone, but what's the best way to do both?

Use a database recipe and some variation of Notify perhaps? Will they
even play nice together?

Any suggestions would be helpful, although I should mention that I'm not
interested in using Zap. The learning curve for getting MySQL working is
already steep enough (I've never used it before), so I don't want to add
to the difficulty.