[pmwiki-users] include

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 17:28:37 CST 2008

Thursday, February 7, 2008, 11:01:54 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

> I am trying to include some text from another page. However, I don't
> want any Pmwiki markup to be processed.

> I have tried the [= =] markup but that does not work with the
> (:include:) directive. For example:

> [=(:include Pagename lines=4:)=] does not give me the include.  It only
> gives me "(:include Pagename lines=4:)".

you could try TextExtract.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract

with the default the content is taken without markup processing, but
shows any markup  directives as code.

{(extract . Pagename lines=4)}

Note the dot. the first argument is a regex or search term, and the
dot stands for any character, so it matches everything, and all lines
are included.

The recipe needs pmwiki 2.2.0 beta

  ~Hans