[pmwiki-users] Anyone recognize these error messages?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:04:34 CST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 4:34 PM, Sandy <sandy at onebit.ca> wrote:
> DaveG wrote:
> > Tegan Dowling wrote:
> >   > "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> >> (output started at /home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php:281) in
> >> /home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 884".
> >
> > <snip>
> >> RewriteEngine on
> >> RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) index.php?n=$1 [L,qsappend]
> >> RewriteRule ^$ index.php [L,qsappend]
> >>

> > It looks like you have errors referring to pmwiki.php, whilst your
> > .htaccess is redirecting to index.php. Did you simply rename pmwiki.php
> > to index.php, or index.php does an include of pmwiki.php. If the later
> > does index.php do anything else that would cause output? That'd be where
> > I'd start.

No, index.php does nothing but include pmwiki.php, and those two files
plus the .htaccess are all three in the directory public_html/test/,
which also contains the usual subdirs local/, scripts/, pub/, etc.
(and note, by the way, that the wiki finds and makes use of the skin
in pub/ with no problem at all).

> > Also, I'm assuming this is a basic install with no cookbook? If not try
> > disabling those to see if there might be some interference.

Good thought!  I do normally have lots of recipes enabled.  But ...
no.  After disabling most recipes, I have the config.php shown below,
and get the new error messages shown below that.

> >   ~ ~ Dave
>
> Have you done anything non-standard with directories? Changing the path
> in .htaccess usually means there are other paths to change as well.
>
> Sandy

See above in my reply to Dave, and note that all I changed in
.htaccess was this: "/index.php" to this: "index.php" (seems odd, but
I lack background to know what the difference would signify).

Here's another piece that might (?) be part of the puzzle:

While my wiki is in /home/justice4/public_html/test/, up one level
(where the current actual site's files are) is this file:
/home/justice4/public_html/.htaccess

containing what follows between ********** rows:

# -FrontPage-

AuthUserFile /home/justice4/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/justice4/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName justice4blahblah.com
IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

Could any of that make any difference?

Now at Dave's suggestion, I've simplified my config.php a lot, so that
it reads as follows, BUT I still get the errors below that:

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();

// $WikiTitle is the name that appears in the browser's title bar.
$WikiTitle = 'Free Blah Blah';

// $ScriptUrl is your preferred URL for accessing wiki pages
// $PubDirUrl is the URL for the pub directory.
$ScriptUrl = 'http://www.justice4blahblah.com/test';
$PubDirUrl = $ScriptUrl.'/pub';

// If you want to have a custom skin, then set $Skin to the name
// of the directory (in pub/skins/) that contains your skin files.
// See PmWiki.LayoutBasics and Cookbook.Skins.
$Skin = 'myskin';

// Site passwords

$PmWikiAdmin = crypt('passwordone');
$PmWikiUser = crypt('passwordtwo');
$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = $PmWikiAdmin;
$DefaultPasswords['attr'] = $PmWikiAdmin;
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = $PmWikiUser;
$HandleAuth['source'] = 'edit';
$HandleAuth['diff'] = 'edit';

$UploadUrlFmt = $ScriptUrl.'/uploads';
$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = $PmWikiUser;

// Uploads Security - http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SecureAttachments
// .htaccess file has been added to the uploads/ directory, with the
following two lines:
// Order Deny,Allow
// Deny from all
$EnableDirectDownload = 0;

// Administrative Tasks

## for any page name, use the version located in wiki.d if it exists,
## use the version located in wikilib2.d, if a wiki.d version does not, and
## the version located in wikilib.d, if neither of the above exists
$WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,
new PageStore('wikilib2.d/{$FullName}'),
new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/{$FullName}'));

New error messages (w/ duplicate lines removed):

Notice: Undefined index: n in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 281
Notice: Undefined index: pagename in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 282
Notice: Undefined index: passwdadmin in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1518
Notice: Undefined index: passwdread in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1518
Notice: Undefined index: passwdedit in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1518
Notice: Undefined index: passwdattr in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1518
Notice: Undefined index: passwdupload in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1518
Notice: Undefined index: passwdadmin in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1524
Notice: Undefined index: passwdread in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1524
Notice: Undefined index: passwdedit in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1524
Notice: Undefined index: passwdattr in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1524
Notice: Undefined index: passwdupload in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 1524
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php:281) in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 884
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/pmwiki.php on line 538
Notice: Undefined index: target in
/home/justice4/public_html/test/scripts/pagelist.php on line 92