[pmwiki-users] Forgot password

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:01:05 CST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 1:13 AM, Philip Seyer <professionalsguild at gmail.com> wrote:
> I forgot the password I set for the menu on the left side.
> How can I find out what the password is?
> I assume I just look at some file on my server -- a file that only I have
> access to.

You can't look up a password that you've used the ?action=attr method
to assign to an individual page or group -- those passwords are
encrypted at the time they're set, and can't be looked-up after the
fact.

The admin password set in your config.php file will over-ride any
password set via this method, but if you don't want to use the admin
password -- or if you want to be able to give out this page or group's
password to someone and don't want to have to give the admin password
(a good reason for setting the page or group's own password via the
?action=attr method in the first place) -- then your only recourse is
to re-set it.

Hoping that helps.