[pmwiki-users] Curious behavior

Steven Benmosh wordz2u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:30:16 CST 2008

1. All the header had was the include statement, therefore nothing was
showing.
2. I thought I would be smart, create a single header page, put it in a
separate group from the ones that I let people read, then include it in each
active groups. This way I could work on the one page, and all the changes
would be immediately visible in all the groups.
3. Actually, the page was not read protected - I cleared the read password
in the page first thing when I saw the problem - but the group the page was
in was protected. Maybe that was the problem. I want to keep the group read
protected so I can edit new pages and try thins without giving everyone
access to it.

But yes, if I can take a read protected page and have it displayed when I
include it in a non-protected page, I can use my current scheme. Otherwise,
I guess I can create another group just for header and footers, and let it
be readable.

Thanks,

Z.

--