[pmwiki-users] AuthUser persistent login?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Fri Feb 1 12:05:40 CST 2008

imoc wrote:

>> ist there any way to make a login not depending on a php session but
>> persistent (preferably with a configurable cookie lifetime)?
>
>There is a recipe here:
>
>http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SingleSign-On
>
>But it seens too difficult for general users( like me).

It's not even applicable, because the system is accessed from
different sites with no access to a common Windows-PDC, and the web
server also can't get NTLM data.

I considered also "authentication" via dyndns "reverse" lookup: Check
a couple of dyndns entries and look whether REMOTE_ADDR matches one of
the returned addresses. This would be very easy for every user in the
LAN behind a NAT router, but it would result in a bunch of DNS lookups
for every request.

Oliver