[pmwiki-users] New Recipe: WikiSh

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Fri Feb 1 10:10:32 CST 2008

Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:
> [...]

I should have said this is primarily for internal web sites :)

So... right now the trust is that somebody can place "safe" commands
in /usr/local/sbin somehow.

Obviously, someone could create a page full of (:shellout:) calls
and make life tough :)

So... I wouldn't recommend it for an external web site or something
where you expect a level of abuse.... I just wanted to share what
we use on our intranet (where we believe we're all on the same team).

With regards to creating pages (e.g. wiki.d/GroupName.HomePage)...

Example (I copied it from a script... so ignore the
detail... just look at the usage).  We haven't gone through
the motions of making this better yet (it can be made
better).

ConvertToWikiText() {
        sed -e 's/[%]/%25/g' -e 's/$/%0a/' | tr -d '\012'
}

# ...
# $wikipage is the path to page name to create in wiki.d
# ...

   echo "version=pmwiki-2.0 urlencoded=1" >$wikipage
   echo "time=`date +%s`" >>$wikipage
   echo "text=(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Status:)
(:include ${GenGroup}${host}/LastUp:)
(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Hostname:)
(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Os:)
(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Memory:)
(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Cpuinfo:)
(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Interfaces:)
(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Fs:)
(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Disks:)
(:include ${EditGroup}${host}/Scan:)
" | ConvertToWikiText >>$wikipage

As for parsing pages... you can probably do something
somewhat in reverse, but you will get the markup... a lot
of people wanted the translated markup or something
with the markup removed.