[pmwiki-users] ExcelPaste (Was: Tabular thought -- simplify conversion between markup styles of tables)

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Aug 26 03:16:18 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Christian Ridderström
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Choice of markup for the resulting table and use with TableEdit.
>
>  The generated table uses ||... || rather than (:table:)..(:tableend:).

Have you looked at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ConvertTable?
It looks like it should convert || to (:table:) -- I haven't tested it
myself.  Of course this adds another step (and it looks like
ConvertTable wants only a single table on the page so that involves
more cut/paste) but at least it's possible if the motivation is high
enough...

-Peter