[pmwiki-users] Pagelists of multiple linkbacks

Andy Kaplan-Myrth andy at kaplan-myrth.ca
Fri Aug 8 10:26:20 CDT 2008

I've got a question about pagelists and listing multiple Categories -- I
hope somebody here can help. I've lurked on this list for a while
impressed by the supportive community around PmWiki: props to you all.

I have my pmwiki site set up as a blog, using Pagelist to display pages
as posts. I have my site split into two blogs, Personal and Professional
(although I'm not exactly sure why anymore...), by marking each post in
one or both categories ([[!Personal]] and [[!Professional]]). So the
listing of Personal posts is done with:

(:pagelist fmt=#headerinclude link=Category.Personal count=15 list=blog
order=-ctime:)

Check it out if it helps at http://kaplan-myrth.ca.

In truth, most posts are in both categories, but a few are in just one
or the other, and it would be good to be able to generate a combined
listing of all of my posts. Is it possible to use the 'link' option in
the pagelist command to display the union of multiple categories?
Something like:

(:pagelist fmt=#headerinclude
link=Category.Personal+Category.Professional count=15 list=blog
order=-ctime:)

I know, I know -- I could have made this somewhat easier by putting all
of my blog posts in a Blog group and then just pagelisting that group,
or by marking all blog posts with the additional category [[!Blog]] and
pagelisting that category. But I didn't. And I imagine there would be
other uses for pagelists of combined categories -- can it be done?

Cheers,
Andy

--
Andy Kaplan-Myrth, M.A., LL.B.